Middletown Athletic Club
Group Run COVID Guidelines
Adapted from RRCA/CARA Operational Preparedness Guide
We are excited to resume our group runs, with some clear cautions in place. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our recommendations below for safe group running. We look forward to seeing you out there!
- Do not participate if you are sick or have any concerning symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, body aches, etc) or if you have had recent contact with someone with COVID.
- If you are in a high risk population for complications of COVID infection, please contact your physician before participating in group runs.
- Practice social distancing - 6 feet minimum at all times, and 6-8 feet minimum while running (unless you are from the same household).
- No group photos for now, but please share your individual photos on our facebook page!
- Faster runners head out first, followed by slower runners to minimize passing.
- Carry your own hydration/snacks, if needed.
- No spitting or ‘snot rockets’ - bring a tissue or handkerchief.
- Bring a face covering! DNREC currently requires all visitors (state parks, wildlife areas and reserves, including the Mike Castle canal trail) to carry a face covering and wear it when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Please be courteous to other trail users, and avoid gathering in areas that limit the ability for others to pass at a safe social distance.
- If you become sick with or test positive for COVID within 14 days of participating in a group run, please notify our club president, Phil Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302 690 5569 .
Let’s get out and enjoy exercise, nature, and each other’s company in a socially responsible manner! See you on the trails!